Please see below for a full list of my upcoming live online workshops and in-person events, along with registration information.
To register for a self-paced home-study webinar, or to view a full list of all of my previous course offerings, please use the links below. If you or your organization would like to request a workshop or speaker appearance, please feel free to contact me so that we can discuss your vision and needs.
EMDR Canada Annual Conference
The Brain, the Body and Trauma:
Integration with EMDR Therapy
April 21 – 23, 2023
White Oaks Hotel Resort & Spa
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada
Alison to present on Saturday, April 22nd from 1:15 – 4:15 Central Time
Super Resourcing: An EMDR Strategy for Treating Attachment Trauma
3 EMDRIA Continuing Education Credits
About the Course
In this introductory course, an understanding of Super Resourcing and its procedural steps is explored through lecture, PowerPoint, client videos, and guided experiences. Handouts will be provided, and an opportunity to receive EMDRIA certification will be offered at the end of the course.
Super Resourcing (SR) is an innovative and effective protocol for healing attachment wounds. It offers a new way of thinking and healing attachment trauma and attachment issues repair. Accelerated Information Processing (AIP) is a key factor in understanding the efficacy of EMDR. All three negative neural networks (sensation, emotion, and cognition) are activated with bilateral stimulation; the consequence is a more complete and time-efficient resolution. Super Resourcing is based on my discovery that the AIP model is just as effective in potentiating the positive matrix (sensations, emotions, and cognitions) as it is with the negative matrix.
SR is an expansion of the Resource and Interweave phases of EMDR. SR differs from EMDR in that it focuses on the person who experienced a trauma rather than the trauma itself. The neurological integration of positive resources facilitates an enhanced present-time experience of self. It maximizes the development of new and more positive neural networks. Drawing upon Attachment and Ego State theories, wounded parts are invited into and healed within the neurologically potentiated resource field. Resolving the attachment wounds interwoven in a trauma unfixes it in the client’s psyche and it processes more easily; less resistance, dissociation, and looping occurs. When the attachment wounds are addressed and resolved, there is a corresponding decrease in the disturbance associated with the trauma. A systematic experience of well-being allows dissociation and fragmentation to heal and an experience of present-time wholeness becomes possible. SR challenges the assumption that reprocessing traumatic memories is necessary for their resolution. SR frequently takes the trauma out of trauma processing. Consequently, it is applicable to a wider range of clients for whom EMDR may not have been indicated.
- Define Super Resourcing and its roots in the EMDR tradition
- Review relevant brain science and power of positive ideation
- Contrast similarities and differences between EMDR and SR
- Examine SR’s six applications
- Explore SR’s four phases and procedural steps
- Discuss integration of attachment and ego state theories
- Exemplify SR through client video clips and a guided SR session
An EMDR Strategy for Treating Attachment Trauma
Livestreamed, Interactive Webinar
Sponsored by PESI Inc.
6+ Continuing Education Credits
See course description under “Credit” tab on PESI website for state and license CE information
June 9th, 2023
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM Central Time (6:00 – 2:00 Pacific)
Self-Paced Home Study Program Available
I’ve witnessed the power of EMDR in the treatment of trauma again and again. Yet, for all I’d seen it achieve, I wasn’t getting the same results for my clients who suffered from attachment wounding. Their symptoms such as an inability to experience essential trust or feelings of deepseated abandonment continued to exist.
That’s why I began enhancing Phase Two of EMDR by integrating ego state and attachment-based interweaves into the processing.
The outcome? I found I could more successfully treat attachment wounds by attending to the part of the client who experienced trauma, rather than focusing on the trauma itself. Not only was the approach effective it opened the door to clients who couldn’t previously tolerate deep trauma work.
Join me for this LIVE one-day webinar and get step-by-step instructions for this EMDR resourcing strategy so you can take your EMDR therapy to the next level.
Complete with clinical applications and videos from actual client sessions, you’ll discover how to:
- Create the experience of safety, protection and guidance so critical to good therapy
- Reduce trauma symptoms without clients having to process trauma directly
- Guide clients in creating their own corrective emotional environment consisting of installed resources and their accompanying positive sensations, emotions and cognitions
You’ll also receive a group guided session that will deepen your understanding of the material.
So many of our clients are dealing with the legacy of traumatic attachment injuries. Learning this resourcing strategy is an opportunity to make their treatment more successful.
Please note: There will be a 70-minute lunch and two 15-minute breaks; one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Lunch and break times will be announced by the speaker and at their discretion. A more detailed schedule is available upon request.
Access Period for Live Webcast
For live CE credit, you must watch the live webcast in its entirety at its scheduled time and complete the CE quiz and evaluation within one week. You will have access for 90 days after the program for review.
- Evaluate the historical evolution of EMDR’s Phase Two Resourcing.
- Employ an integrative approach to EMDR resourcing by incorporating ego state psychology and attachment theory.
- Utilize a four phase EMDR resourcing strategy for resolving attachment wounds without having to process trauma directly.
- Develop fully installed positive resources through EMDR’s Accelerated Information Processing (AIP) to promote ego strengthening and development of a new positive narrative.
- Employ five applications of EMDR resourcing to address different clinical presentations of attachment trauma.
- Utilize EMDR resourcing to lower the occurrence of resistance, dissociation, looping or stuck processing and open the door to a wider range of clients who struggle with trauma work.
Super Resourcing Consultation Group
Ongoing, monthly Zoom meetings
Third Wednesdays of the month
(Subject to change pending consultee availability)
6:30 – 8:00 Pacific Time
Individual and Group Consultation
I find great pleasure in helping therapists develop their Super Resourcing skills in order to enhance personal mastery and to better serve their clients. I have been offering Super Resourcing workshops and consultation since its inception in 2016. As an artist, I bring creativity into the process as well as integrate Somatic Psychology and Mindfulness / Awareness Practices drawn from 25 years of Vipassana meditation practice.
Sessions take place remotely via telephone and Zoom. I serve both individuals and groups of two to eight people. I also provide and / or respond to requests for Practice Groups. In these, you will have the opportunity to conduct sessions with each other and deconstruct them for the purposes of fine-tuning your learning and building your confidence.
Your consultation sessions may include:
- Review and Clarify principles and procedures of Super Resourcing
- Discuss guidelines for sessions
- Explore six applications
- Explore benefits of super resourcing
- Practice Sessions and Demonstrations
- Case Presentation and Discussion
- Practice Working with ego parts
- Develop your own voice and style
- Build Confidence
Sessions meet once monthly (typically the 2nd or 3rd week of the month).